The Latest 2012 Statistics and Information from Facebook on Australian Social Networking Users
Welcome to Facebook, one of earth’s most visited websites. But what does that mean for us [in Oz/Australia]?
- Over 10 million Australians use Facebook each month.
- For an average of 7hrs 14 minutes
- That is 3 times more than: NineMSN, Google, Fairfax and Ebay
- Nearly 2/3 of Australians have a Facebook profile
- 30% of users are 35-49 Years old
- 51% of users are women [therefore 49% are men]
- The fastest growing age group is 50+
- 75% of users visit every day
- 78% of mums visit every day
- 73% of business people visit every day
- 59% of men 35+ visit daily
- It puts facebook consumption on par with TV
and when users engage with a brand…
- 64% say that when they like a brand on Facebook, it is actually because they like that brand
- 25% of Australians check facebook first thing in the morning, then last thing at night
- The most users are on facebook between 5pm and 8pm
- Almost 7 million users have accessed via their mobile device – that’s 63% of all users
- 37% access while watching TV
- 31% from bed
- 31% from work or during lunch
- 24% access on their commute
- 25% of Aussie users have accessed from abroad
- and 6% access while they are in the pool ????
That’s Aussie’s on Facebook. Data from a Facebook Nielsen study.Google+
The Facebook Australia Usage Statistics – March 2012 by SearchEveryWhere.net, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Terms and conditions beyond the scope of this license may be available at searcheverywhere.net.